Browned Butter Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano shaved
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
Browned Butter Dressing
- 10 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Shave the brussels sprouts using a mandoline or knife and place in a salad bowl.
- Make the dressing. Heat the butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Watch carefully and stir often. Once the butter turns golden brown, remove from heat.
- Pour the browned butter into a heat proof bowl. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, & fresh ground pepper and whisk together.
- Pour the dressing over the brussels sprouts and toss to coat. Add the Parmesan and sliced almonds. Serve with a toasted baguette.
Add shaved fennel for a more complex flavor.