Mini Sweet Potato & Black Bean Fajitas
- 4 cups sweet potatoes (1 large or 2 medium) diced into small cubes
- 1 cup black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 11/2 cups sweet peppers diced or cut into strips
- 1 cup onion (optional) diced
- 1 cup baby zucchini & pattypan squash (optional) zucchini diced or cut into strips & squash diced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 12 mini tortillas
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1/2 cup jalapeno seeded, washed, & sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup radish cut into batons
- 1 lime cut into quarters
- 2 avocados
- 1 jalapeno seeded, washed, & diced
- 1/2 lime juiced
- Prepare the guacamole. In a medium bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. Next, add the jalapeno, lime, & salt and combine. Cover and set aside.
- Prep all the veggies and set aside. In a medium bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with 1 tbsp avocado oil, salt, & fresh ground pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp avocado oil in a large cast iron on medium-high heat. Add the sweet potatoes, sweet peppers, & onion (if using). Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring often. Until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add the rest of the veggies and beans and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Start heating up the tortillas in another cast iron or skillet. Make sure to flip to warm up both sides of the tortilla. Place tortillas in foil to keep warm.
- Stir together the chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt, & fresh ground pepper in 1/4 cup WARM water. Add to the fajita mix and stir to coat. Cook for 1 minute or until the veggies are well coated.
- Create a fajita board or assemble individually. Place the fajita mix on a mini tortilla and top with 1 tsp of crème fraîche, 1 jalapeno slice, & 2 radish batons. Serve with lime wedges, chips, and gaucamole.
Prepping all the veggies is the most time consuming part. Once you have everything diced, sliced, & cut – it is very simple and quick!