avocado + mango + cilantro + lime + jalapeno + pomegranate
Mango Pomegranate Guacamole
- 4 large avocados
- 1/2 mango plus more for garnish peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds see recipe note
- 1 small fresh jalapeno seeds removed, washed and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro torn
- 1 small lime juiced
- sea salt to taste
- 1 large bag thick tortilla chips
- 2 tbsp edible flowers optional
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the core. Using a fork, smash together in a medium size bowl until well combined.
- Add the lime juice, jalapeno, mango, cilantro and sea salt. Mix well. Garnish with pomegranate seeds, a couple diced mangoes and cilantro.
- Garnish with edible flowers (optional) and serve immediately with thick tortilla chips. Bon Appétit!
Trader Joes sells pomegranate seeds. If using a whole pomegranate – roll the pomegranate on the counter until you feel the seeds release. Cut in half and shake into a bowl. Using a spoon, release the rest of the seeds. It is messy but worth the effort! When buying avocados, you want them to be soft to touch but not mushy. Once they are ripe – refrigerate until you are ready to use.