The perfect summer dessert or breakfast pastry. Filled with delicious peaches and coated in a flaky sugar.
Bourbon Peach Braided Twist
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed according to package
- 3 peaches cored and cut into eighths
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp bourbon optional
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place parchment paper or a silicon mat on a baking sheet.
- Place butter and flour in a sauce pan and stir on medium heat until well combined. Add the peaches, lemon juice and 2 tbsp of the sugar. Cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes stirring often.
- Turn heat off and add the bourbon. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Place the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Puff pastry should be divided into three sections. In the middle section, cut 1 by 3 inch slits at the top and bottom. On both the sides cut slits 1 1/2 inches wide for the twisted braid. See video.
- Place the peach mixture in the middle section until it is piled but not overflowing. You will have some left over.
- Braid the pastry over the peach mixture and tuck in the top and bottom.
- Make an egg wash. With a fork, whisk together 1 egg and 1 tbsp of water. Using a pastry brush, brush the egg wash on top of the braided pastry. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar. Place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until lightly browned. Serve as a breakfast party or dessert.
Peaches can be substituted for nectarines, plums, cherries, etc.