These two easy summer appetizers are perfect for a hot day when you don’t want to cook. Both are simple, quick and refreshing. I got the melon, cucumbers, tomatoes, sweet peppers and red onion from my favorite LocalFarmOK variety bag.
Melon & Prosciutto
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella Bocconcini or Burrata
- 1 mini melon Sliced
- 2 oz Prosciutto
- 2 tbsp fresh basil torn
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Arrange mozzarella and melon on the plates. Pile the prosciutto in individual slices.
- Drizzle the olive oil on the mozzarella and melon. Sprinkle sea salt, fresh ground pepper and basil on the mozzarella. Sprinkle sea salt on the melon and place the prosciutto on the side. Serve as an appetizer, side dish or salad. It's that simple!
LocalFarmOK is a farmer’s market delivered to your door. You will find the best produce in Oklahoma in their weekly variety bag.
Simple . Quick . Refreshing .
Deconstructed Greek Salad
- 1 large cucumber sliced thinly lengthwise
- 2 mini white cucumbers sliced in half
- 1 large tomato quartered
- 4 ounce Greek olives pitted & chopped
- 4 ounce feta cheese crumbled
- 8 ounce hummus
- 4 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- 4 mini sweet peppers thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Spread a large spoonful of hummus across the plate. Sprinkle the feta and olives on top.
- Roll the green cucumber into roll ups.
- Arrange all vegetables around the hummus. Drizzle olive oil over vegetables and sprinkle with salt, fresh ground pepper and fresh mint. This is meant to be served chilled with a knife and fork. Bon Appétit!