Put a Cherry on Top
Cherry Limeades were one of my cravings when I was pregnant with my daughters and I have been obsessed ever sense. This drink is tart, sweet, and ice cold. Which is very fitting for cherry season during the hot summer months. The cherries that came in my LocalFarmOK variety bag were fresh, delicious, and refreshing. So grab some cherries and make your own cherry limeade!
Homemade Cherry Limeade
- 1/3 cup cherries (about 10 cherries) pitted
- 2 large lime (plus more for garnish) juiced
- 1 tsp simple syrup
- 6 ounce club soda substitutes: Topo Chico, sparkling water
- In a blender, blend the pitted cherries and juice from 1 lime until smooth.
- Using a fine strainer, strain the cherry lime juice to get rid of the pulp. Add additional lime juice from 1/2 a lime.
- Next, assemble the drink. Stir together the cherry lime juice and simple syrup. Fill glass to the top with ice. Pour in club soda. Last, garnish with a lime slice and cherry on top.