HONEY, BEET & AVOCADO LETTUCE WRAPS
[ BEETS . RAW HONEY . CITRUS MARINATED CABBAGE . AVOCADO . GOAT CHEESE . VALENCIA ORANGE . CANDIED PECANS ]
I love this fresh recipe during the summer. The combination of the beet, honey, orange, & avocado is the ultimate bite. I love eating lettuce wraps for a light lunch, snack, appetizer, or side dish!
Honey, Beet, & Avocado Lettuce Wraps
- 3 medium beets scrubbed & cut into 1/4 inch batons
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup red cabbage diced
- 1 Valencia orange
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 1 Avocado sliced lengthwise
- 3/4 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup candied pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place parchment paper on a sheet pan.
- Scrub the beets and cut into 1/4 inch batons. In a small bowl mix the avocado oil, beets, & salt to taste. Place on sheet pan and cook at 450 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Prepare the red cabbage. In a small bowl, mix together the diced cabbage, juice of half an orange, and salt to taste. Set aside.
- Let the beets cool for at least 5 minutes. Assemble the lettuce wraps. Stack 2 butter lettuces on top of each other. Place an avocado slice, 3-4 beets, red cabbage and a drizzle of honey. Top with about a tbsp of goat cheese and a couple candied pecans.
I love buying local produce and supporting local businesses. It is by far the freshest produce I can find. The red cabbage, Valencia oranges, beets, and butter lettuce were in my variety bag this week