Talk about dressing up a vegetable… this sauce elevates the already gorgeous sugar snap peas. It brings the heat but leaves a sweetness that makes it quite addicting! It is great served with salmon or an Asian inspired dish.
Sesame Ginger Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 pound sugar snap peas trimmed
- 2 tbsp avocado oil optional: substitute vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp sweet red chili sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder or corn starch
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Bring salted water to a boil. Blanch the sugar snap peas for 2 minutes. Drain and immerse in an ice bath. Dry completely with a towel.
- Make the sesame ginger sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk together the avocado oil, toasted sesame seed oil, sweet red chili sauce, sriracha, oyster sauce, rice vinegar, minced ginger, and arrowroot powder (or corn starch).
- Heat a cast iron or frying pan on medium heat. Pour in sauce and sugar snap peas. Bring to a simmer. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and serve.
Farmers Market delivered to your door! Click the link below to get your next bag of fresh local vegetables!