My brother made pineapple rice bowls for my family last year on vacation and I have been waiting for an excuse to try it out. The pineapple is optional in this recipe but it completely elevates the dish. Not only is it super festive but it adds another element to the flavor. Let’s talk about this vibrant bright salad. The mango, avocado, and jalapeno are the stars of the dish. Each bite has the perfect balance of tangy, creamy, and spice.
So many goodies in my LocalFarmOK variety bag this week. Gorgeous cilantro, radish, avocado, jalapeno, and mango! The microgreens are from Urban Greens that you can add to your LocalFarmOK delivery!
Microgreens are an easy way to add extra nutrients. Packed with flavor and tons of vitamins.
Salmon Rice Bowl with Avocado Mango Salad
- 4 salmon (6 oz filets)
- 1 lime zest & juice
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
Avocado Mango Salad
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1/2 cup mango peeled and diced
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 2 tbsp jalapeno seeded, rinsed, and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro torn
- 4 tbsp radish julienne
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red onion minced
- 1/3 cup pineapple (optional) diced
- 1 cup microgreens
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Prepare the salmon. Zest the lime and set aside. Add a touch of lime juice on each filet and sprinkle the zest all over. Next, drizzle the raw honey. Last, add the salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the jasmine rice according to package.
- While the salmon is cooking, prepare the salad. In a medium bowl, mix together the mango, lime, jalapeno, cilantro, olive oil, red, onion, salt, cumin, & pineapple (if using). Gently fold in the avocado.
- Place salmon over rice. Add avocado mango salad right on top. Garnish with the microgreens and radish.