This lemon mustard vinaigrette is tangy and flavorful. The shallot adds some dimension and pairs perfectly with the shredded chicken and sliced almonds. I could eat this salad daily! Give it a try!
I love supporting local businesses and farmers. LocalFarmOK has the best produce. I used the shallot, spring mix greens, and cucumbers from my weekly delivery.
Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette with Spring Greens
- Food Processor
- 1 bunch spring mix greens
- 1/2 cup raw almonds sliced
- 1.5 lbs roasted chicken breasts shredded
- 1/2 cucumber sliced
- 2 tomatoes quartered
Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp shallot minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 tbsp Parmesan (optional) grated
- Prepare the vinaigrette. Add the shallot, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, salt, & fresh ground pepper to a food processor. Pulse for a few seconds. While continuing to pulse, slowly add the olive oil until it is smooth and creamy.
- Optional: (If adding the Parmesan – wait until right before serving.) Add the Parmesan and pulse for several seconds. Serve immediately.
- Arrange the salad. Place the spring mix greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, shredded chicken, and sliced almonds in a bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve immediately.