Broccolini is just a fancy name for baby broccoli. It tends to be a little sweeter and milder. The sweetness of the broccolini pairs perfectly with the spicy garlic.
Guilt free pizza! I love this recipe because I still get my veggies in and it is absolutely delicious. If you are looking for more protein, it is a great with chicken sausage, bacon, or prosciutto.
I used lovely broccolini, garlic, fresh thyme, and fresh oregano from LocalFarmOK. I love supporting local farms and not to mention having it delivered to my door every week!
Garlicky Broccolini Pizza
- 1 lb homemade or store bought pizza dough
- 1 bunch broccolini trimmed and chopped
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella ball sliced into 1/4 inches & wrapped in a paper towel
- 1/3 cup parmesan grated
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp fresh oregano chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves 2 smashed & 1 minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Sprinkle flour on sheet pan or pizza stone. (If using a pizza stone, preheat oven with stone in)
- Sprinkle the flour on a cutting board and roll out the pizza dough until you are happy with the shape (it doesn't have to be perfect). Using a pastry brush, spread 1 tbsp of the olive oil and minced garlic over the dough (making sure to cover the crust). Next, sprinkle an even layer of the fresh thyme and oregano. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until the dough is slightly browned and remove from oven.
- While the dough is cooking, make the garlicky broccolini. In a frying pan, pour the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil and heat on medium heat. Add the 2 smashed garlic cloves and red pepper flakes. When the oil starts to simmer, add the broccolini. Cook for 2 minutes, making sure all the broccolini is well coated. Remove from heat and discard the garlic cloves.
- Remove mozzarella slices from the paper towel and arrange in an even layer on the pizza dough. Sprinkle with broccolini and return to oven for 4 more minutes or until mozzarella is melted.
- When pizza is ready, sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately. Bon Appétit!