This bruschetta & brie crostini is the perfect appetizer during happy hour. It pairs fantastic with a light bodied red wine like a Beaujolais. The creamy brie compliments the acidic grape tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and spicy garlic. All together it creates the perfect bite. I used the grape tomatoes from my LocalFarmOK variety bag!
Bruschetta & Brie Crostini
- 1 pint grape tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1 rustic baguette sliced
- 1/2 wheel brie sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp distilled white vinegar
- salt & fresh gound pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare the crostinis. Arrange the sliced baguettes on a baking sheet. Pour 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a small bowl. Brush the olive oil on the slices using a pastry brush and sprinkle with salt & fresh ground pepper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the grape tomatoes, rest of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and distilled white vinegar. Add salt & fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Bake the crostinis for 3 minutes. Remove from oven and place a slice of brie on each baguette. Place back into the oven for another 2 minutes or until brie is melted.
- Add a spoonful of bruschetta onto each crostini and you've got yourself a party!