I love a quick recipe using fresh ingredients! This is a perfect week night meal, taking less than 25 minutes to make. I created this recipe with local produce from a farm bag delivery service I use. I’m not a huge zucchini fan but I might be now after eating these burritos! The yellow zucchini paired perfectly with the sweet peppers.
Week Night Vegetable Burrito
- 1 Sweet Bell Pepper (Red or Yellow) cut into 1/2 inch-thick matchsticks
- 1/2 Yellow Zucchini cut into 1/2 inch-thick matchsticks
- 1/2 Yellow Onion Peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Corn I prefer frozen fire roasted corn
- 1 tbsp Ghee or Butter
- 2 tbsp Grape Seed Oil
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lime
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 4 flour tortillas I like to use raw flour tortillas and cook on the stove.
- 2 tbsp sour cream optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat grape seed oil in a large cast iron over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, zucchini, and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- While the vegetables are cooking, make the guacamole. Smash the avocado in a bowl. Add lime juice and sea salt and mix well.
- Add the beans, corn, and ghee to the cast iron and sauté until warm.
- Add cumin, chili powder, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Stir well, cook for 1 minute and turn heat off.
- Warm tortillas on the stove.
- Assemble the burritos with the vegetables. Top with the guacamole and sour cream and fold.
TASTE: A giant burrito filled with deliciousness!
TIME: Less than 25 minutes!
TROUBLE: Little to no trouble!