Anybody else crave tacos almost daily? I could eat these Tri Tip Tacos every day, I am obsessed! These tacos are perfect for hosting because you can have everything ready before your guests arrive. This Grilled Tri Tip Roast with Tequila Marinade from Genius Kitchen makes the Tri Tip so flavorful! We love making this Tri Tip Taco Bar during the summer because you can just throw everything on the grill!
Tri Tip Taco Bar:
- Grilled Tri Tip Roast with Tequila Marinade from Genius Kitchen (Recommended)
- Corn Tortillas
- warm on the grill before serving
- Diced Watermelon Radish
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Cotija Cheese… and lots of it!
- Lime Wedges
- Simple Guacamole
- just avocado, lime juice, diced jalapeño, and sea salt
- Fire Roasted Mexican Corn (see below)
Fire Roasted Mexican Corn:
- Frozen Fire Roasted Corn (found at Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s)
- Half a stick of butter
- 1 Lime
- Cayenne Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Fresh Cilantro
- Cotija Cheese
One of the few dishes I never use a recipe for. I buy frozen fire roasted corn from Whole Foods. I add half a stick of sliced butter to the bottom of a cast iron. Simply pour in the frozen corn and mix in the juice of 1 lime, salt, cayenne pepper, and chili powder. I throw it on the grill until warm (about 40-50 min.) and top with fresh cilantro and cotija cheese. Depending on the crowd I sometimes add jalapeño. You really can’t go wrong with this corn, it’s always a favorite side dish!
TASTE: Unique and full of flavor! It’s all about the toppings here!
- Tri Tip takes at least 2 hours to marinate and 20-30 minutes on the grill. See link below.
- Prepping the taco bar toppings and making the guacamole takes about 25-30 minutes.
- Fire Roasted Corn takes 5 minutes to prep and 40-50 minutes on the grill.
TROUBLE: A little bit of prep work but after that it is a breeze!